Rules of Squash
Changes in the latest 2019 update:
- Warm up in Rule 4 .1: changed to 4 minutes with half time to be called at 2 minutes.
- Rule 8.11 and 8.1.4 amended to read: “Freedom to strike the ball to any part of the front wall” (leaving out the word entire).
- New rule added 8.9.3: “Where there has been no actual contact and the swing has been held by the striker for fear of hitting the opponent, the provisions of 8.6 apply.” [meaning, go through the usual process on appeals]
- International Doubles (‘normal’ doubles)
- Hardball Doubles
- Racketball (or Squash57 if you must)