SQUASH PRO : DAC, Michigan
The Detroit Athletic Club (DAC) in Detroit Michigan is looking for a full time Squash Pro to help grow the current program. Our athletic facility includes four (4) singles squash courts, a squash doubles court, three (3) racquetball / handball courts, fitness room, swimming pool, spa services, and a full-serviced men’s and women’s locker room.
This position will aid in the growth and expansion of our successful squash program.
The Squash Pro duties will include building a junior program through clinics and private lessons, assistance to the Racquets Director is also essential with varying tasks including leagues and tournament organization, plus required administration work. The applicant must be prepared to work on Saturdays.
Applicants should have:
- Valid US Work Visa
- Minimum 5 years coaching experience
- Minimum squash skills of US rating 5.5 / High college standard
- Proficient computer, organizational and time management skills
- League and tournament organization experience
The Squash Pro will provide professional squash lessons that are client based and help achieve stated goals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching lessons, clinics and camps to adults and children
- Saturday work a requirement during the busy season (September through May)
- Help to create, organize and run social squash activities including, leagues, events, in-house club and local tournaments as well as an annual PSA tournament.
- Assistance in pro shop sales and racquet restring when required
- Assist with special club projects, events and promotions as requested
Compensation for this position is based on candidate’s previous experience. This is a salaried position. The Head Squash Pro will also earn extra money through a percentage of their squash lessons, clinics and camps. A comprehensive benefits package is included – health insurance and a 401K plan.
Please e-mail your resume to Mick Joint firstname.lastname@example.org . Do not call. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please include:
- Cover letter
Copy of your current US work visa